Shower screen seal keeps the water from flowing outside whenever you are taking a bath. This is responsible for keeping your bathroom dry at all times. Places where you can buy frameless shower screens may also help you in installation. But, in case you want to go the DIY route, you can try installing it on your own without any problems. You need to break your task down into a few steps, so you will not face any problem.
According to Perth City Glass, here are the steps in installing a shower screen seal:
• Make sure you have all the tools, materials and time you need to complete the project
• Remove the old seal very carefully. If you just tear the old screen, you will not be able to install the new shower screen seal properly no matter what you do. Take time to remove each part of the old seal. You will have to remove every bit of the old dried-out adhesive, too. If the old seal was a clip-on type, then it can be easy to remove. All you may need to do is unclip it and then slide it off. Otherwise, you may have to use a straight razor or a Stanley knife and then rub off the grease or adhesive using a bit of alcohol.
• Measure your new shower screen seal. Although this might seem easy, it can cause a lot of headache if you don’t pay attention. Always measure from the inside of the shower glass.
• Cut your seal at the place where you have marked it. For this, it is best to place the seal on a flat surface and then use a Stanley knife to cut and then slice it off.
• Fixing the seal is the last step. If it is a clip-on style, it can be very easy to fix. You need to clip it on your glass door starting from the bottom. Take care not to slide it, as it might get damaged. In case your seal has to be fixed using a silicone gel, it could be quite a tough job. But, if you go through the installation guide carefully, you will avoid any mistake.
In the book Confessions of a Shophalic, the main protagonist, Becky Bloomwood, found herself neck deep in debt. She shopped carelessly, buying stuff she doesn’t really need (just because she’s depressed), maxing out her Visa card here and there. One day, she realized that she could no longer pay her credit cards and start hiding from the bank reps.
Shopaholics that we are, we all can relate to Becky’s shopping issues. We’ve probably had ignored MasterCard’s demand letter now and then, but we don’t really have to be hopeless. Like Becky, who found a fabulous way to earn more money to pay her debts (you really need to read the book to find out), there are also ways we can make both ends meet:
#1 Control Your Shopping Urge
Perhaps you think shopping is therapeutic. Yes, only if you can afford to do every so often. If you must go shopping, buy only the things that you really need. If you see an item you really, really like, ask these questions yourself twice:
• Do I really need this?
• What am I going to use it for?
• Can I afford it?
• Can I survive without this item?
#2 Shop Only When There’s a Sale Going On
Discount, sale, coupons and promos – these may sound a little bit prudent, but you do need them. They are the new luxury. Shop only if there’s a sale going on. You can save a lot of money when items are on sale. Coupons help a lot, too. Also, follow your favorite store on Facebook and watch out for their promos. Some netizens tweet their favorite store’s promos.
#3 Keep a Budget Journal
Yes, you heard that right. Starting today, list down everything you spend your money on. Gas, coffee, snack, even the Vanilla ice cream cone you buy from McDonalds! You need to keep track of your expenses. This way, you can start eliminating the items that you would buy just because you felt like it. With a journal in hand, you also get to monitor your spending habits.
#4 Miss Piggy Is Your New BFF
Those loose coins you toss around? They are better off kept in a piggy bank. If you haven’t thought about it yet, now is the time to invest in one. In a year, or so, those coins you save will let you afford a new pair of shoes.
#5 Sell Your Used Items Online
Ever have a closet full of items you are not using anymore? You don’t seriously think about keeping those junks anymore, do you? Mydeelux.com recommends you find a buy and sell store and earn money from those used items. Browse online and find websites that accept used pieces for a price. Apart from earning extra dough, you get to free up some space in your closet, which you can use for other stuff that need to be stored.
There are actually lots of ways to save money. But no matter the number of options, if you don’t discipline yourself you won’t achieve anything.
Fireworks can make any event special. Boring parties instantly become more interesting when a spectacular lights and sound show commences outside. This is the reason fireworks are quite popular for birthdays and all kinds of parties. Whether it is a silver wedding anniversary or a corporate launch, fireworks add the much needed boost to make the event truly special and memorable.
You have the option of purchasing fireworks over the Internet or through a typical brick and mortar store. Between the two, purchasing online is the more convenient option. When you buy fireworks online for your event, you get to choose from an unlimited collection of pyrotechnics. Traditional fireworks stores can only stock certain type of fireworks and certainly, not all are always available. Buying online will assure you that you get the type of pyrotechnics you want to hold the most spectacular light show to wow your guests and make you the talk of the town for days.
Types of Fireworks Available
• Firecrackers – by far the most common type and are considered the earliest form of fireworks. These come in different shapes and sizes — from strings of 12 to huge celebration rolls that amount to 20,000. They were invented by the Chinese and are used to drive away evil spirits or ghosts.
• Display Tubes – Aerial display tubes are available in two variants: single and multiple. Single ones are pre-loaded aerial shells that produce exotic and colourful effects. For instance, giant red chrysanthemum bursts, purple comets and thick gold comet. Multiple tubes contain several single shells in each one and are prepared to fire at least a few seconds apart from one another.
• Fountains – These are fireworks placed on the ground and emit showers of different coloured sparks. They offer a wide display of different colours and can greatly enhance and complement the effects of aerial displays.
• Aerial Repeaters – Also known as “cakes”, they are also one of the most popular and are considered a mini-fireworks show all on their own. All you have to do is light the fuse and sit back to enjoy the show.
Buying land may not be an easy endeavour, as there are many things involved. It is an important decision to make and you need to consider many factors to make a successful purchase. Finding one in your chosen location is no longer a difficult task, as the Internet has made it easy to research anything right from the comfort of your own home. Before starting your hunt for a property, do your homework beforehand and keep in mind certain things before making your final decision.
In case you are buying land to build your house, look for a location near supermarkets, schools, your workplace, shopping malls or restaurants. If you want to start a business, choose a location accessible to your potential customers and has the right structure. If investment is what you have on mind, you will have to look at land that has a good resale value.
See if the land cost fits your budget. If not, do you have financing options at hand? Do you have other locations in mind? Once you have taken care of these details, find out what costs are involved when purchasing land for sale. You may have to consider getting title insurance. At times, you may have to pay up for a land survey, too. Also, check the taxes involved.
Check for utilities in the location you have chosen. You will definitely need basic things like electricity, telephone line and gas. Also, look at the water and the sewage facilities. If these things are not available, you may have to spend additional money to get them in place.
Once you secure the land you want to purchase, make sure you have all the permits you need to build a house or an office. Check with the local government to see how you can apply for permits and licences.
Every year, news reports about young children and even adults drowning in swimming pools circulate, and more than half these incidents occur at residential swimming pools. To avoid these, adults should take few precautions to make any pool activity pleasurable and safe.
Here are some safety reminders for pool users:
• Check local ordinances and homeowner association regulations for pool safety. Make sure that these are enforced at residential swimming pools.
• Latham Pool suggests having non-skid materials on the diving board, pool decking and ladders. Each step on the pool ladder should be at least the inches in width. Also, there should always be handrails. Ladders at each end of the pool are mandatory.
• Make sure that electrical equipment is installed and inspected by a licensed electrician. This should be in accordance with the safety codes in the city.
• There should be a 4- or 6-foot high fence and gate enclosing a residential swimming pool. The gate should be kept locked at all times. Lawn furniture and shrubs should be located far enough to discourage climbing over fences to gain access to the pool.
• Pay attention to water depth. Marking different depths with readable signs and installing safety lines is important.
• When installing guardrails around above ground residential swimming pools, make sure there are no sharp edges. These can injure users even before they get into the pool.
• Children should be taught how to swim or float as soon as possible. Tell them that they have to ask adults to accompany them to the pool. Children should also be cautioned from roughhousing around pools, as the chances of injury can be high.
Safety tips that are applicable to people work for pets as well. Make sure you have emergency supplies nearby in case of mishaps. Also, check around if there are other people in the way before jumping into a pool. Also, having a person with lifeguard and CPR knowledge can help prevent accidents from getting worse.
A survey conducted in 2010 showed that over a quarter of people, or about 28%, aged 5 and older delayed or avoided visiting the dentist, as they can’t afford the costs. To help Australians meet their oral health care needs, the government is improving health services around the country.
For instance, Health Minister Lawrence Springborg announced new funding to continue improving the frontline health services in rural and regional Queensland. The announcement came after the Health Minister met with health care staff and patients in Cunnamulla, Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Thargomindah, St. George and Winton.
Dental emergencies can happen anytime, anywhere. While you can count on your community health care services to help you, it’s also important to know what to do during an emergency, especially if you can’t go to the dentist immediately.
Here are some tips on dealing with common dental emergencies:
A toothache may seem simple. When not treated immediately, however, it may lead to complications. Cosmeticdentistryherveybay.com.au and some emergency dentists in Hervey Bay advise you to get in touch with your dentists straightaway. As first aid, rinse your mouth with warm water and remove any lodged food with a dental floss. Dental experts warn against putting painkillers, such as aspirin, on the area near the affected tooth, as it may burn the gum tissue.
Broken or Chipped Tooth
Before going to the dentist, rinse your mouth with warm water and try to save the broken pieces. Stop any bleeding by applying pressure on the area using a piece of gauze for about 10 minutes. To relieve pain and reduce swelling, apply a cold compress on the lip, cheek or outside of the mouth near the chipped or broken tooth.
Lost Filling or Crown
If you lost your dental filling and can’t visit your dentist immediately, use over-the-counter dental cement or a piece of sugarless gum to cover the cavity. For a lost crown, apply a small amount of clove oil using cotton swab on the sensitive area. If you can slip the crown back on, use denture adhesive or over-the-counter dental cement to hold it in place until you’re able to visit your dentist.
Dental emergencies aren’t scary if you know how to deal with them. Keep calm, perform first aid and get in touch with your dentist as soon as you can.